photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Friday, May 11, 2012

Do You Speak Coupon?

So if you have read my "coupons are awesome" post, you know that I have a small addiction to
couponing! And what I want to share today is a small break down of how to read coupon "lingo" on the coupon blogs.

The blogs do the match ups for you so all you need to do is reading the weekly matchups, find the coupons you need or want to use and then go shopping! Remember, it takes a while to build your coupon stock so never fear, you will eventually be able to have a stock pile!

 When I first started couponing, my stock piling began with toiletry items such as shampoo, conditioner, razors, shaving cream and hair gel. I did a lot of shopping at CVS and Walgreens. It wasn’t until later when I had more coupons to work with that I was able to stock up on food and pantry items. I use coupons and sales to purchase stuff we need---not random stuff. I do have some brand loyalty but it’s flexible. I want the best deal for buck. I shop mostly at Publix now. I occasionally go to Winn-Dixie and Wal-Mart.

When looking at the coupon match-ups for a particular store, these abbreviations will be used regularly:
BOGO & B1G1 or B1G2
= Buy one Get one free (or two free)
Blinkie = Coupon that comes out of a box hanging on the shelf
GM = General Mills insert
Hangtag = Coupon hanging from a product bottle
MFR = Manufacturers
OOP = Out of Pocket
OYNO = On your next order
P&G = Proctor and Gamble Insert
Q = Coupon
RP insert = Red Plum Insert
SS insert = Smart Source insert
WYB = When you Buy

Again, check out my favorite websites: www.mycouponexpert.com, www.divinesavings.com and
www.southernsavers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment