photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Day 4: Religion

Religion (Noun)
  1. The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods.
  2. Details of belief as taught or discussed.
So today's challenge asked to discuss your views on religion. I believe that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. I call myself a believer and follower of the Christian faith. I grew up in a church largely in part due to my Aunt Brenda who would pick me up on Sundays. I have fond memories of going to bible school, singing the hymns and worship songs and going to youth group. For many years, I served in the church in children and youth ministries.
 
But I am going to be honest, I haven't really been to church at all since my daughter was born. I have gotten out of the habit of it really. I know, shame on me, but do feel the urge/calling to reconnect.

Historically speaking, religion has been around for a long time. Many of our world's major religions have the same region of origins; in addition to, some of the same principles, tenets and practices. People should take the time to study their religion's history. I find it quite interesting to see those contexts.

What is religion to me? It is finding hope and comfort in something larger than yourself. It is family beyond blood ties, but to spiritual ties. It is compassion for those in need. It is holding yourself to a higher standard. Religion is being found when you become lost in the sins and struggles of this world. Religion is not being perfect, but trying to be more little by little. It is about reaching out to others.

Religion is not about judgment, but growth. It is love and forgiveness. It is about prayer and reflection. It is about choosing faith over worry.

We all have the opportunity to choose the religion, churches, walks of faith for ourselves. Please choose, learn, commit and grow. It can be a simple, yet significant choice in your life.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment