photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The Tradition of Traditions

Every family has it's quirks, peculiarities, and traditions. I wanted to take a moment and share some of my family's traditions. Now that my daughter is a year older to the big age of two, she was able to help momma make gingerbread cookies this year.

This cookie is a favorite of our little family trio. I made the dough in advance and after dinner Little Miss helped roll and cut them out! I've used this recipe for the past two years and it has been great! I am hoping next year we can decorate.

When I was a kiddo, my mom, sister and I used to buy my Nana a nutcracker every Christmas. She would proudly display them all over her living room. Good times. Good memories. Well, this year I decided that I wanted to start this tradition at my house! So I told the hubby I wanted at least one nutcracker this year for my Christmas decor. My hope is that as Little Miss gets older, she and Daddy can go out together and pick one out for Mommy each year! We'll see.

The one on the right is the one I got this year. The little bitty one was a surprise gift from my husband's grandmother after I told her about my hope of a new tradition. The one of the left is one I picked up at CVS on clearance! LOL I could help myself.

I usually host my hubby's family Christmas Eve. We eat ham and watch a movie later. My tradition is to make Fanny farmers twice baked Mac and cheese! Seriously delicious and totally not diet friendly. Here is the recipe I use.

At some point during the holiday season, we also watch our favorite Christmas movie, "It's a Wonderful Life." If you don't like this movie we can't be friends. Just kidding....we can be friends, but I'll keep my eye on you!
What are some of your favorite family traditions? Let me know in the comment section. The best traditions are simple, but significant!

No comments:

Post a Comment