photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Monday, November 10, 2014

My First Photography Contest

I did it, I crossed something off of my 30 before 30 list!! Woot, woot.

As soon as a co-worker shared this small, local festival contest I knew that this was the one I was going to attempt. The rules of the contest are simple.
  1. All photographs must be taken in Florida.
  2. All photographs should address one of the following topics: Florida historic sites or landmarks 
  3. The contest is limited to 4 entries per person. 2 color and 2 black and white or sepia 
  4. All entries must be 5x7 or 8x10
Luckily, I live near a historical Florida site so that is where I went to take my pictures. This particular site is not large so locations are a little limited, but it is one of my favorite scenic places.

 I wandered, tried different angles and finally settled on these three pictures to submit. What do you think? My Hubby's favorite is the black and white one.




These are not the most artistically complex photographs. I'll be the first to say that out loud. I am by no means a professional who can work Photoshop magic with a flick and a click. What I love most about these pictures is the color! Do you see what I mean? Subtle contrasts and tones. 

We'll see what happens Saturday when the pictures are judged. My goal is not to win. Don't get me wrong it would be cool, but the 30 before 30 was my main motivation to enter. So I have done that and crossing off that goal is good enough for now. Who knows? Maybe I will enter another contest down the road or focus on my editing skills to more complexity. 

Have you accomplished a goal recently? I would love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment