photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Friday, July 6, 2012

Darn You Baby Weight

In several of my past food post, I have mentioned my goal of loosing the rest of my baby weight. Mind you, I did not put on a lot of weight during my pregnancy. I don't remember the exact number but I think 28 or 29 pounds. After the birth of my daughter, I did loose some weight, but then I gained some of it back. If I were to pinpoint the exact reason I gained it back I would have to be stress eating and eating out of boredom.

As I began summer break this year, I gave myself the goal of loosing the rest or at least a good part of this weight so that I can "reward myself" with new clothes for the next school year. I can't wait to clean out my closet. Look out ROSS and KOHL'S I am coming for you.
So, how am I loosing weight? I am not an exercise enthusiast. I am not trekking out to the gym or doing at home workouts. (Yes, I know if I did I would be in better shape, literally). The most exercise I get right now is carrying/walking my daughter or walking around the grocery store once a week.
Recently, I have downloaded two apps to my phone to help me be accountable and motivated towards my goal. Note: they are not the be-all-end-all, but they can be helpful if you use them correctly.

App number one is the drink water app. This app reminds you to drink water (duh!). You can set it up for a certain time frame for reminders and select the number of cups you want to drink per day. FYI: According to mayoclinic.com, " the average, healthy adult living says the adequate intake (AI) for men is roughly 3 liters (about 13 cups) of total beverages a day. The AI for women is 2.2 liters (about 9 cups) of total beverages a day." Another good feature of this app is that  when you reach you water goal, you get a round of applause. Talk about positive reinforcement!
The second app that I have been using lately is called the my fitness pal app.

This app has been helpful to me because I have been making an effort to eat better and one of the features of this app is that it is a calorie counter. I've inputted my current weight (no I am not sharing it may weight) and it gives me calorie goal. Now, I am not saying counting calories is the way to go, but what it has made me aware of is portion control and what I am actually putting in my body. Again, this is nothing new!

Another good feature is that people who have used this app before have already inputted a lot of food counts from many, many places.
In order to make this work, you have to be honest about what you are eating otherwise it is pointless. It is a good feeling to be under goal and see your scale go down; however, you are not supposed to starve yourself to loose weight. Be responsible. Within this app, they have included workouts and exercise calorie counts. There is even an option for carrying a baby or walking/pushing a baby in a stroller! (I use those a lot!)

I also have another app called endomondo, but I have not used it yet. It is described as something that will "Make fitness fun with this personal trainer and social fitness partner. It is  ideal for running, cycling, walking and any other distance-based activity." A couple of my friends use it and they post their results on facebook which is kind of cool. If it ever is not raining or sweltering outside, I will take the baby to the park and try it out.

That's all I have for now. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment