photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Attack of the Annoying Love Bugs

Oh my goodness! It's love bug season here in Florida and these annoying creatures are swarming my house! My house is light colored (yellow & white) so the bugs naturally gravitate towards it. SMH.

The worst part of it all is that they are getting inside the house! ICK! They are crawling into the cracks and crevices and Worming their way in; on top of that, every time we have to open the door for ourselves or the dog more nasty buys get inside! The hubs has even gone as far as changing the thresh hold lining on the door and the little buggers are still worming through.



I am so glad my daughter isn't so fascinated with them or trying to pick them up and eat 'em! Gross. The hubs and I are sweeping and vacuuming the doorways and the entryway daily in an effort to maintain cleanliness in our home. Just what you want to do when you get home is clean up dead bugs, right? I wonder if we could train the dog to do it while we are at work? I wish.


In case you are interested in learning more about this pesky insects, Snopes.com says, "Love bugs are not the result of a genetic cloning experiment gone wrong, nor were they unwittingly loosed from a research facility charged with studying exotic insects. They also weren't bio-engineered as a natural solution to the mosquito problem. (Love bugs do not eat mosquitos: the adults do not eat at all, and larvae feed on decaying plant material.) These overly amorous critters are native to Central America; the best guess as to how they came to these United States places them as undiscovered stowaways who arrived by ship in Galveston or New Orleans around 1920. They migrated into Florida in 1947 from Louisiana, looked around, liked what they saw, and decided to stay. Their natural capacity for reproduction took care of the rest."

I can live with smudged windshields and mass grave yards on the front end of my car, but I draw the line at creepy crawly fornicating bugs in the house!! I have standards you know?! Ugh. Thanks for joing me on this rant. Just another simple and significant day in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment