photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Lessons of a Sinus Infection

I have been fighting, dealing with, recovering from a sinus infection since Labor Day. It was a creepy crawly bug that has rocked my world (if you'll excuse the dramatic reference). It's so true that you never really appreciate good health until you don't have it. Plus, I have not been the only one sick. My daughter also had a sinus flair up too with the coughing and runny nose. It's likely she got the "icky" from me.

Here are a couple of "little lessons and factoids" I learned while I was sick.
  1. Congestion can cause someone to loose his or her voice. My poor students had to endure "smoker voice" teacher for 3-4 days and I had to take vows of silence when I got home. I never really considered my hubby to much of a talker, but I see thought he talks a lot when I couldn't!
  2. You can loose a little weight while you are sick. Yea, I became a littl fixated on my weight when I was sick. I was worried that I lost weight for no reason (cue my hypochondrian LOL).
  3. Prescription Mucinex is quite expensive. I opted for the OTC brand, but it didn't seem to help any.
  4. Saltine crackers are helpful for that  upset stomach. I kept som in a ziplock Baggie by my side of the bed. It was a bit of a flashback to my morning sickness days when I was preggers.
  5. Amoxicillin is antibiotic with side effects. I get an upset stomach to say the least. Do I really need to feel worse, before I feel better? I was feeling better before the doctor put me on the antibiotics.
  6. A white film on your tongue is a sign of dehydration. So I have been drinking water like a mad woman.
  7. It's okay to take off work and rest in bed all day. I love my job, but I need my health. Plus, I got to watch one of my shows all day on Netflix.
  8. There are good tissues and cheap tissues.
  9. I could care less "what's for dinner?" When I am under the weather as long as it's quick and easy and I don't have to do much if anything.
  10. I have a great hubby who worries about me. He was such a trooper taking care of me and our Little Miss. I am truly thankful for him.
I am so glad I am feeling better! We should never take health for granted EVER because it's really a simple but significant part of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment