photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Coupons are Awesome

I got started with serious couponing a few months after I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. Prior to getting serious about couponing, I was what you might call a "casual" couponer who might only use a coupon now and then--not necessarily when the item was on sale.

A co-worker of mine is a serious couponer. I mean, you have to do something when you have four kids! She showed me her coupon binder and invited me to go a work shop with her. So I went to the workshop and I did learn a little bit about the couponing game like you can use two manufacturer coupons on a BOGO deal or if you use a BOGO coupon on a BOGO deal the offer the items are FREE---you just pay tax! How awesome is that?

So do you want to get started? If so here is what I did thanks to mycouponexpert.com. First thing you
need to do is purchase your Sunday papers every week and before leaving the store, check the papers to make sure the coupons are there! For those people starting out, I would start with 4 papers a week. I will note that it is easy to get disorganized sometimes with the papers. Here is my dining room table right now:


But never fear it is easy to get coupon organized. All you need to do is go through the papers and pull of the inserts, file and date them. Here is how I organize my coupon file:
It takes some time to get your coupon file stocked with coupons, but once you do it is worth the savings you can build for your family. Some of the websites that I use are:
www.mycouponexpert.com
www.divinesavings.com
www.southernsavers.com
Good luck getting started! And be forewarned, once you start couponing.....it will be hard to stop! Stay tuned to more tips, tricks and super savings stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment