photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Friday, January 3, 2014

London Broil Recipe

I wouldn't say I was the best cook in the world. You won't be seeing me on Master Chef or running my own restaurant. I will say that I can read and thus I can follow a recipe so it works out. I like attempting new stuff because the same old gets old real quick.

Pinterest is a great resource for search for recipe links and organizing said links on your boards. I wanted to share with you one of my Pinterest finds and my personal modifications of the recipe.

My local Winn-Dixie had a sale on London Broil for Buy One Get One. I had never cooked one before, but I was willing to try. I found this recipe on Pinterest. There was no home site link, but someone left the directions in the comments. I didn't want to use the marinade and rub posted so I used the ingredients I normally use for a pot roast (another Pinterest find).

I preheated the oven to 500 degrees. I covered the London Broil in a mixture of the "gravy". To make the "gravy" I used one brown gravy packet, one dry ranch packet and one dry Italian dressing packet and mixed together in 3/4 cup of warm water. I placed the London Broil on top of a bed of onions and poured the gravy on top.  As soon as I was done with the super easy prep, I put it into the preheated oven. I immediately dropped the heat down to 225 and let the broil cook for 45 minutes. Do not open the oven....you'll let the heat out!

After 45 minutes, I increased the heat to 350 for 25 minutes. I prefer my meat on the medium well side hence this step. If you like more of the medium rare your roast will be done by now.

Here is what is it looked like after it was done and resting. Yummy right?
After the meat rested, the hubs sliced away and our dinner we did enjoy!
I hope you found this little recipe rundown helpful and give it a try. I am positive that you will like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment