photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

You know you're a mommy when #5

You know you're a mommy when.......you've done battle with your child (in my case a toddler). I am talking the heart wrenching, lots of tears, high stress kind of battle.

Here I am hiding in my bedroom. It's 10:30 pm and it's night 2 of my kiddo being out of bed refusing to go to sleep. She has figured out how to get out of the crib.

The first night, I thought she might have been sick because she kept saying she had to go to the bathroom. You might recall that we are in the process of potty training and we have recently been having quite a bit of success. It's a fine line between have to go and her using it as an excuse not to go to bed. She's smart and knows we'll respond to a potty call. SMH. I ended up sleeping on the floor with her. I knew it would calm her down and eventually she fell asleep. About 12 am, I snuck back to my bed still worked up from the stress. She was up again at 3:30 am with a poopy diaper and I ended up again on the floor with her.

In the back of my mind. I was worried about this scenario because I do not want her to think I will sleep with her every night. And to top it all off, I ran out of under eye concealer. Yay....no I look extra tired.


Our night tonight started off pretty good and gradually escalated with her wanting me to sleep with her again. My Aunt shared this with me on Facebook as I vented, "Don't do it. Put her mattress on floor and keep walking her back. If that doesn’t work get baby gate and go in every 5 min first night, 10 min second night and 15 third night reassuring her all is o.k. it took Sean 7 nights. The book said 3 but guaranteed I learned my lesson about sleeping with them and Matt and Kate had no problem.” Thanks Aunt Gin! We heard you loud and clear.

We are determined to not give in. Thank God for the Hubs because he is the stronger parent. I am the one who wants to cave in. I need him for these moments. We put her mattress on the floor and ended up taping her light down because she kept turning it on. I am looking into video monitors and deciding whether or not to convert the crib or buy a toddler bed.

As I conclude this post, she seems to have quieted. We'll see how the rest of the night goes and if there are any early morning wake ups for this momma.

Any suggestions for me? Please share your sage parenting advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment