photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Monday, August 19, 2013

Closer to My Want

Ok guys and gals I wanted to give you a little update on my "quest/journey" to save up for a new
DSLR camera. I still don't have the camera yet, but that's no surprise because we are taking the slow and steady saving route! Dave Ramsey calls this "Lump Sum Savings." The only difference for us is that we don't have a set deadline. Remember, the whole point of this is to save responsibility through delayed gratification.

In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil, but a foolish man devours all he has. –Proverbs 21:20

As of today, I have saved $116! Since my first post about the camera savings fund, my hubby has also agreed to kick in some of his side money from his computer repairs to the camera fund. For the record, I did not ask him to do that, but he offerred. So with his contributions our money saved total is $331! WOOHOO!

I put this magnetic dry erase board on our fridge as a daily reminder of our goal and current success to stay motivated  (this idea has my name written all over it! The hubs could care less for cutesy stuff like this).

We continue to scour the Internet for deals almost every weekend or whenever the idea pops into our heads. I've already reiterated my preference to have a new camera over a used one with my hubby. I mean why not get new? We've even discussed this purchase being my birthday present this year too! I am totally down for that because realistically it might take us that long to find "the deal" we've been waiting for. I wonder if the hubs loves me enough to venture out Black Friday Shopping if that is what it came down too? Yikes.... I Know he does, but I love him enough to know that he would probably want to kill someone from all the stress and chaos so I wouldn't ask him too. We will probably order online when it comes time to make the purchase.

What are you willing to do for the luxuries you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment