photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Say Cheese It's Picture Time!

The time has finally arrived (bom, bom, bom). I finally have my latest "want" a new DSLR camera! If you have been following my blog you know I have been pining and saving for a new camera for over a month now.

It's been very satisfying to see my savings board go up each week with my tutoring sessions and the hubby's computer repair job money that he kicked in for my "gift." (This camera counts as my birthday gift this year!)


After we saved almost all the money, the time came to decide what brand and model to buy. Now, I am not educated enough in the ways of photography to debate the pros and cons of Nikon vs Canon. All I have to go on is facts about what I read, customer/consumer reviews, and opinions of friends who have DSLRs.

We decided to go with the Canon T3i Rebel. According to the Canon website, "Photographers looking for an easy-to-use camera that will help them create their next masterpiece need look no further than the Canon EOS Rebel T3i. The next in a long line of phenomenal compact DSLRs, the EOS Rebel T3i continues the Rebel tradition of easy operation, compact design and no-compromise performance. Featuring Canon's newest DIGIC 4 Image Processor and an 18.0 Megapixel CMOS Image Sensor - plus cutting-edge technologies like Full HD video recording, Live View shooting, Wireless flash photography and even a Vari-angle 3.0-inch LCD monitor - the EOS Rebel T3i offers the best of EOS photography in a compact package."


Now a lot from that direct manufacturer quote I don't understand, but maybe one day I will; however, let's focus on the bigger picture I got my camera!! Woohoo.

Now I have to figure out how to use it properly. I want to take this mom-a-razzi class offered by Amanda Star Photography. She's a local photographer who caters to moms who want to "stalk their kids in style" by learning how to use camera to capture awesome memories.


In the meantime, I will have to do some learning on my own and just have fun taking pictures with my new "toy." Here is the first picture I took of my Little Miss. How about that crazy wild woman hair? Come on how cute is she? Plus, I think that the picture came out pretty well. I can't wait use it more.

Here is another picture I took of the hubs holding Little Miss' hand. They way she is pointing her fingering makes me think she giving him a talking to!


Well, I think that's all for now dear reader.  Until next time, keep it simple, but significant.

No comments:

Post a Comment