photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Engagement Photo Shoot: Sam & Katie

Last week I did my first ever engagement photo shoot. This photo shoot was for the winner of my Facebook 100 likes contest. One of the cool things about the winner was that she was a former student! They grow up so fast....sniff.

Prepping for the session was simple: Pinterest and Painting. Of course, I have a Pinterest board for ideas and inspiration called Before I Do. (insert big smile) I suppose as I get more experience I will use this less and less, but for now I love it!

Katie and Sam were great to work with as a newbie photographer. They were patient, understanding and open to suggestion. It makes such a difference when the "models" are comfortable. You can see it in the pictures. 

I recently upgraded to Photoshop Elements 12 so I looked forward to working in the program with these pictures. Side note: I love the open in camera raw option because it makes editing some much quicker. Additionally, I downloaded some Photoshop Actions from TheCoffeeShopBlog that I was itching to try out! 

Here are a few of my favorites from the session: 


So what do you think? I think they turned out great, but I am biased of course. I am delivering the gallery DVD today to Katie. I hope she loves it and blasts it all over her Facebook!

To the happy couple, I wish all the best in these last few months leading up to your wedding. My God bless you both and your marriage. I leave you with this advice:

No comments:

Post a Comment