photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Newbie Photographer Wishlist Update 3

In April, I shared my original  "wishlist" of things I would like for my photography hobby and the first update. A girl can dream. right? Yes. A girl can splurge, right? Absolutely! Did I? Maybe a little.

Here is the original list stands presently:
  1. A new lens up to 250-300 mm for distance and eventually maybe a macro lens
  2. Lens Brush for cleaning 
  3. Clear filter cap for lens
  4. Kelly Moore camera bag (or a large Michael Kors bag)
  5. Photoshop elements or lightroom
  6. Take a class or have time to learn editing in above programs
  7. A personalized or decorative camera strap from Etsy. 
I am a list person and it warms my hear to see this list almost complete. It's not bittersweet because it is just the beginning.

Last week, the hubby "convinced" me to get get a nice camera bag. It wasn't the $250 Kelly Moore I was drooling over; Instead, it was an Epiphanie which was also recommended to me at my Mom-a-razzi, but in all honesty I forgot about it. What makes this purchase so exciting was that this company was having a 50% off flash sale and I got this beautiful Lola bag half off! Now, that's my kind of bargain!

My next bargain came from Amazon. As you know, I have been learning (or attempting to learn) photo editing on GIMP 2.8. I have been eyeing Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 for a couple weeks now, but I still wasn't able to pull the trigger and make the purchase. They wanted $79.99 and I wasn't feeling that price. Well, I checked this listing yesterday and my jaw dropped when I saw the price was $59.99!
So what is a girl to do? This price won't last forever. I have been watching tutorials and I have been loving the features. Plus, I have already scheduled my photo shop class. Just do it....I told myself. So I did. It will arrive early this week just in time for my class.

On a side note, I have lined up more photo shoots! How exciting! I did a contest on my blog Facebook page and a former student won a free 1 hour session. She is going to do an engagement session. In addition to the freebie session, a co worker of mine is talking to me about doing some of her engagement/save the date pictures. I am honored and blessed to have the opportunities to grow and capture their love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment