photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Rant: Kids In The Car

I am sick and tired of hearing about how parents have left their small child in a hot car saying they forgot or didn't want to wake them up. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!?! Please note, I am referring to the long periods of time/neglect not the 30 seconds to grab the mail or something to that effect. There is a difference.

First of all, I am having a hard time conceptualizing the idea of "forgetting" there is a kid in my car. I can see the car seat in my mirror and the odds are that I put the child in the car.....Not to mention the fact or process of giving birth is pretty hard to forget.  Why is I forgot "your"excuse? No one can be in that much of a hurry or "out of routine.


Just recently here in Florida a woman was charged with neglect, endangerment etc because she left her 19 month old sleeping in the car (the car was running with the air on low) for 40 minutes while she shopped at Target. SERIOUSLY?! A stranger came across the crying child in the car after he or she woke up alone in the car and was crying. Kudos to the stranger for intervening and calling the authorities. Lady, if you couldn't wake your kid up to go shopping YOU DON'T NEED TO GO SHOPPING! I don't care how more convenient it is--suck it up. Or better yet, make plans for the child to be with a sitter, spouse or family member! A child's safety should never come second to shopping!

Where is the common sense? Where is the parental responsibility? SMH.

I know I shouldn't be judging, but it hurts my heart and pisses me off when kids get hurt especially when it could have been easily avoided.

What are your thoughts on the matter?

No comments:

Post a Comment