photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Monday, April 28, 2014

Toddler Transitions

I wanted to give you a little update on how things are going here at the Simple Significance house with Little Miss' transition to toddler bed hood. You might recall from this post that the first few nights were not at all easy. This Momma is a sucker for tears and I just wanted to make it all better. However, the warm and fuzzy method was not going to work. We had to put on our "battle armor."

On the other side, Little Miss is not stupid and she knows what to say and what buttons to push to make Momma and Daddy jump. I am happy to report that we seem to have made some progress with the fit throwing before bed (knock on wood that I am not jinxing it here).

After paying hard ball for a few nights with her, it seems to have gotten across that Momma and Daddy are in control, we love you dearly, but "night night time is night night time" and you will go to bed. Dealing with this issue gave me flashbacks to the newborn stage when you have all the stress of an inconsolable child and sleep deprivation to top it all off! Totally makes me want to have another one (insert heavy handed sarcasm)! After the initial "breaking in period," we've had less tears as Momma leaves, but she has woken up in the middle of the night a couple of times.

I wholeheartedly acknowledge that this is a confusing time for Little Miss. She is potty training and she is learning to control her body. I think part of her issue might be a little constipation. She has days where she eats great and other days not so much, but it's quite possible the #2 scares her a little bit or upsets her tummy because she hasn't gone. Two words--maybe three: MORE FIBER or PRUNES.

Here's another little fun nugget from this mommy hood adventure. Little Miss prefers to sleep on the floor than her converted crib bed. I'll be honest. I really don't mind much because her room is carpeted and I don't want her to fall. Don't you think the converted crib beds are a little high off the ground? I do. No wonder she is reluctant to sleep on it.
Well to make a long story short, my in laws bought her a little Minnie Mouse toddler bed that worked out great today when she tried it out. We are going to try that here too. I am hoping to hype it up as a "special present" like the one Nanny and Papa got just for you! Do you think she'll go for it? I am hopeful, but we'll see.

Again, totally open to suggestions and words of encouragement here so don't be afraid to throw in your two cents or swap war stories! Until we meet again.....


No comments:

Post a Comment