photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Saturday, June 28, 2014

American Honey

Do you ever find yourself suddenly feeling nostalgic out of the blue? Or a certain something (a trigger) sets you on a walk down memory lane?

I had one of those moments last night at dinner. My family of three was eating dinner last night and "American Honey" by Lady Antebellum came on Pandora.


Why am I so sentimental of this tune you ask?

Well, it's a song I sang Little Miss when she was born. I distinctly remember sitting at the hospital and rocking her to sleep while singing it. It was so sweet and precious--a proud simple mommy moment for me as I began my journey of motherhood. Music was one of our "tools" to calm the savage beast her as newborn. It doesn't work for everyone, but it did for her.

So here I am last night, sitting across from my Little Big Girl eating dinner by herself with no assistance from Mommy or Daddy. I start to feel the tears welling up in my eyes as this song plays gently in the background. Just prior to dinner, she took herself to the bathroom and announced she was going poop! This is nothing new, but she usually only pee-pees,  but this time she did go #2! I was so proud of her and her sweet look of success in the bathroom was precious! Slowly....

She's only done this a couple times, but she's finally getting it.

Mommy loves you.
You're growing up so fast.

It's not just the solo pooping and eating (it's okay to laugh by the way....I am talking about poop!), but it's her mind that amazes me as well. Her vocabulary is off the charts and we recently played pretend together! I literally have a front row seat to her imagination as we look for fairies or chase them no good "milk bandits" with Sheriff Callie.

You don't get more simple and significant than that! Do you know what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment