photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Monday, June 9, 2014

My Not So Little Big Girl

My little girl is growing up. Yeah! Sniff. Slow down. Can't wait. What do we do now? Oh goodness. It's fair to say that I have mixed emotions about the whole thing. What parent doesn't? It is truly amazing to me to see the miracle of life develop right before my very eyes. Slow down baby girl...

My daughter is a treasure---my treasure. Now, we all know that parenthood is no easy battle, but this is not one of those "hardships" or "struggles" posts. This is about love and moving forward a little bit at a time. One of my summer projects is to make my daughter's room a little less baby and a little more big girl.

As you might recall, we fought the good fight with the transition from crib to toddler bed. Now, mommy wants to focus on decorating her room! I'll be honest, I didn't do much decorating when it was her nursery room. I didn't have the energy and realistically she wouldn't have known what was on the walls, comforter
etc.

Last weekend, this project began. I don't know what it was last weekend, but I am a cleaning, organizing, DIY machine! Thank the Lord for those bursts of energy. 

Bye, bye changing table that we were no longer using and hello side table with drawers. The side table I had stashed in the closet so I brought it out and put the changing table in the closet for "shelving."


Next, I decided to add some butterfly decals to the wall. "Butterfly" garden was the theme I was going for in her room. I had a few things already in there, but they decals bring it up a notch. I was going for a butterfly cascade. Did I nail it? Hey for 98 cent stickers at Wal-Mart I think that it came out pretty cool if I do say so myself.
Lastly, I broke out some paint and a stencil. Little Miss has plain white furniture which worked, but I felt a little update was needed to go along with the big girl now decor revamp.  Th stenciling didn't come out perfect, but it definitely made a nice difference. I love the pop off color off the white!


It's a bitter sweet moment to see my little girl's room transform like she does each and everyday. I don't always have all the answers and I don't always know what I am doing, but I want to be there for her every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment