photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Little Big Steps

I have a big crush on my photography hobby right now! I am kind of OBSESSED with it presently in addition to stepping up and improving myself in the blogosphere. This is what happens when I am on summer vacation from work. I have to MUST focus my mind on something or I will go stir crazy.

Do you know what I mean? I am not the only one who tries to occupy themselves, right?

I know I have my mommy duties...those are an ever present given. Trust me. I know they don't go away. o at the present my mantra is "Summertime is Practice Time!" I have worked on my very basic (that's a nice way to put it) editing skills and I've broken the camera out of carry case jail and taken some pictures around the house. (Click here for my latest Simple Moment series photo)

Here is a recent editing attempt where I tried to do a "vintage look." What do you think? Can you tell the difference?
I can take pictures of my kid all the time....trust me I do. I bomb my personal Instagram and FB page with Little Miss regularly, but I am looking for new victims models subjects and new sessions or scenes.
Yesterday, I loaded up my kiddo and we went to Michael's and Hobby Lobby because I was looking to props for my FIRST PHOTOSHOOT! EEEP! Exciting right? One of my BFs has a daugther who has a big birthday coming up (15) and I asked if I could take some pictures of her for practice. I love my friends who don't me using their kids as guinea pigs LOL!  So it's going to be a mini birthday and best friend session. I've even gone as far as to create a Pinterest board for ideas and inspiration. I've been doing that a lot lately? You probably noticed if you follow me....hint, hint.

Here is what I bought at the craft stores:

I am going to use the stencil to create a burlap birthday banner. I have letters and numbers and a mini scalloped chalkboard sign....so many possibilities. Additionally, I am going to try and make a garland on the cheap using plastic table covers. This is going to be awesome!

Another first and time consuming "project" I did  yesterday was I made these digital advertisements/pricing guides.

Don't you love the glitter and sparkle?

I don't know if I am going to use the green pricing guide because I really just wanted to see if I could make one, but it is nice to have one on hand for quick reference.

It's scary and exciting to move forward with my little big steps, but I am eager to see where this will take me.

Is there anything in your life that you want to get better at or want to move forward? I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below. We can take these little big steps together!



No comments:

Post a Comment