photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Monday, July 22, 2013

Duckin' Book Review

As summer winds down, I find myself with the reading bug yet again. It is nice to read a good book and get away with new people and places.
My most recent read is "The Duck Commander Family: How Faith, Family, and Ducks Built a Dynasty." I have been wanting to read this all summer and I am so glad that I finally downloaded it on my Kindle!

I like the show Duck Dynasty. I've heard about the show for a while, but since I don't have regular TV or Dish I don't get that channel. Now that there is an A&E app, I can watch this show and reruns each week on my Ipad.

I love the family, humor, and faith that this show embodies and it carries over in the book. Each chapter has a catchy title and a bible scripture which support the chapter theme. While reading this book, I got jokes and gained insight into the Robertson family. I learned how their past struggles built the foundation for who this family is and what the show is today.

Personally, I felt spiritually uplifted reading this book. I want to create a similar foundation and principles in my family. I see how their ideals, beliefs and faith has guided and protected their family. I think I might read, Phil Robertson's book, "Happy, Happy, Happy" next! 

I am glad I read this one. I will continue to recommend it to others who are looking for a fun read or book recommendations.

What's next on your reading list this summer?


No comments:

Post a Comment