photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Bye Bye Baby Toys

Bye bye baby toys and hello toddlerhood! Tear. Sniff. Sigh. The time has come where the Hubs and I will be packing up Little Miss' baby toys (and the ones she doesn't play with anymore) and making room for "big girl" toys.
Little Miss will be turning 2 in a month!
I know she's been officially a toddler for a while now, but more and more she is loosing interest in the toys/activities from when she was "little."
She very much enjoys and does very well with her friends or cousin's "big kid" stuff. So as her loving parents, we will oblige her with a play area and room organization upgrade!

This has been something that I've been wanting to do for a while, but I haven't had the initiative to do so. I finally vocalized my thoughts to the Hubs last weekend and he agreed and hoped on board the idea train.

So what items are on the agenda? Well, we are going to bag up some of her older toys and store them in the attic (in case the ever decide to have another baby) or what my Hubby calls "our (my) hoarding tendencies."

Then I suspect we are off like a heard of turtles to Walmart, Big Lots, or Kmart to make some purchases. I am thinking we might get a small bookshelf (possible thrift store find repurpose project), one or two large round tubs, and possibly a multi bin toy organizer. My friend Hannah bought Avery an art easel last year and we want to set that up finally!

 
I am happy with how this little area turned out this far!

I'll be honest, I don't want my house run amuck with toys. My OCD like tendencies can only handle so much clutter. I don't want to have worry that the dog might eat little bits of her toys here and there either. As long as everything has a place to go or a home area, it should work out well!

I had a nice time shopping for Little Miss on Saturday. I didn't find everything I wanted, but I will eventually! What is on your to do list for your kiddo?

No comments:

Post a Comment