photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Early Morning Book Run

I am a self proclaimed bibliophile and I have no shame about it! I have been this way since I was in elementary school. Perhaps it's because of all the book fairs?
Tuesday, I went Wal-Mart in the early morning between 7 am and 8 am to pick up my newest read, "Allegiant" by Veronica Roth. This is book three in her Divergent trilogy.

This early morning run reminded me of my Harry Potter book release days when I would venture out to the local Wal-Mart to pick up the latest copy for my collection. Of the two books I have read in this series, this is the only book that I went out to buy and tangible copy of because "Divergent" I borrowed from the high school library and "Insurgent" I purchased on my Kindle.

Unfortunately, this outing did not go as planned. I went to the store only to find NO COPIES OF THE BOOK!! Ergh. I did find a nice little sign saying be on the look out for the next installment, but not one single flippin' copy could be found ANYWHERE.

Did I mention I was dressed in a Dorothy costume this morning? Yea, I was. Picture it.....slightly disgruntled bibliophile walking around Wal-Mart at 7:45 am dressed as a character from the Wizard of Oz. It's homecoming week and this particular day was "Character Day."

 Anywho, the next  day I was still determined to get my book, but living in a small town my options are limited to just Wal-Mart unless I want to drive 45 minutes elsewhere. No one got time for that! Luckily, by day two of the book release Wal-Mart had their shelves stocked properly and this little lady got her book!

I think since I purchased the hardcover edition, I should go and order the other two books in the same edition so my collection can be complete. It's not weird to require that all your books series purchases be in the same edition is it? Nah. Who wants to see a hardcover and then a paper back  side by side. My OCD can't handle that.

No comments:

Post a Comment