photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

My Niece's Pageant Project

So I got a text from my sister Saturday night asking if I could do her a favor? Of course I was more than willing to oblige. Plus this favor got me super excited because I got to use my fancy schmancy new camera that I saved a couple months for!

My sister and my nieces are into pageants. My sister won some titles in her day and has passed the "bug" onto her girls. Little"J" has a pageant in two weeks and my sister wanted to submit a photo for the Most Photogenic prize. So out comes Aunt Danielle ready and willing to test her photographer skills with no formal training. The night before I went on Pinterest and pinned some ideas onto my pictures, pictures board for inspiration, but pretty much I knew it was going to be a wing it kind of thing.

As I pull into my sister's house, I am looking around outside and scouting for places to shoot. Luckily for me, my sister's neighborhood had some scenic options to work with so I just went with it. Little "J" was all for the multiple pictures, poses and smiles. She's a little ham like her momma!

Here are a couple of my favorites from the photogenic photo shoot project:




All in all I left my sister with 55 photos to choose from and I know she was appreciative. I even got compliments and "awhs" from my brother in law (as he was watching his football game). I am  thrilled that I was able to capture these precious moments. Kids grow up so fast ya know?

I hope I get more opportunities like this and chances to learn more about photography as time goes on. Until next time, keep it simple, but significant.

P.S. Can you think of a time when a favor turned into a great time? Leave a comment and share your story.



No comments:

Post a Comment