photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Shocked and Dismayed

{Getting on my soap box today FYI}

I am scrolling through the news feed on AOL today and I am suddenly slapped in the face with an image of a couple in the rubble of a collapsed factory in Bangladesh. I am assuming they are dead. I can’t bring myself to click the link. Why in the world would I? Why in the world would anyone want to look at horrific photos of a dead couple after such a tragedy?

Is this what the world of “news” has come to? Yes, there were links and pictures of Maya Angelou, 50 cent’s horrific first pitch at a baseball game or more babble about Kim and Kanye’s wedding (because that too is also news), but I am personally disgusted pissed off offended here.

Was shocked the reaction you were going for? Congratulations. You got me, but what if I was a child? How do you explain this picture to them, “Sir or Madam?” (Shaking my fingering in the air) It wasn't hard to find, it just popped right up—no searching necessary.

I understand and wholeheartedly acknowledge that there is a lot of bad in the world and tragedies do happen, but why must they be portrayed so? Is this the kind of world we live in now? Are we really so desensitized? The answer is yes we are (duh!). All you have to do is turn on the television, listen to a song…heck crack open a magazine to know that we have reached this pinnacle.

Is it only going to get worse? I don’t know. In my heart of hearts, I hope not.

Where do we go from here? Again, I don’t know. All I can say is that I will protect my eyes, my heart and home as best I can. I know where my line is and it is being pushed. 

I can't be the only one who feels like this right?

No comments:

Post a Comment