photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Thursday, May 29, 2014

My Three Summer Reads

{My Three} A simple list of three things — a different topic — every week, just for fun.


Play along if you like (please do). Leave your list or a link in the comments. Inspired by Little Miss Momma

Today's theme:  Books to read this summer!

I love, LOVE, LOVE to read. I’ve talked about it numerous times here on M.S.S.


 I am a self proclaimed bibliophile. Well as summer approaches, I keep thinking about what I want to do with my time and reading and relaxation always come to mind. So without further adieu….here are the three books I want to read this summer:

 1) TheOne (book 3 of the Selection series) by Kiera CassIf I want to read book three of the series, you can safely assume that I read the first two books. This series is a dystopian reality show bachelor young adult novel. Is it weird that I read YA books as a 28 year old? No. A good book is a good book! Okay, back to the book. I hope that Cass wraps up America, Maxon, and Aspen’s stories well. I want loose ends tied up and questions answered. I hate the feeling a book gives you when you are left shaking your head asking why. Do you know what I mean?


2) The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith (aka J.K. Rowling) to be released June 24: I read “Galbraith’s” first novel, “A Cuckoo’s Calling” last summer and I did enjoy the mystery/suspense genre. I will admit that it was a little gritty and intense. It was a good enough story that I am willing to give book two a try.  I will probably buy it on my kindle.

3) SmartMoney, Smart Kids by Dave Ramsey and Rachel Cruze
My two and half year old is not quite old enough to understand the bigger principles of money, but one day she will be. So for now, I want to read this book for my economics students. I am sure there will be some great tips, quotes and references I can use for my course! I want my students to be financially responsible young adults. I live the Ramsey principles (most of them) in my life and I believe in them so much it is worth the time to break from the curriculum and teach them about true personal finance.

What books do you want to read this summer? 

No comments:

Post a Comment