photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Learning to Photo Edit

Since I have taken up photography as a hobby (or a way of life), I've been wanting to learn more about photo editing. If you've been keeping up, you know that I downloaded free photo editing software called GIMP and I've been practicing using that instead of purchasing a more expensive option.

I wanted to share with you a little editing I did using some old pictures of Little Miss. I goal of this was to enhance the lighting. On Pinterest, I created a board where I have been saving tutorials I want to try! The tutorial I tried was put together by "A Piece of Lisa" and can be found here. I followed her instructions exactly. It was super simple and worked very well.

Here is my before and after pictures:


My after picture looks "warmer" doesn't it? I know it's not a huge crazy difference, but it definitely improved. Don't you get a small sense of accomplishment when you learn something new? I know I do. I think it's fun most the time. 

What's something you tried for the first time recently? Have you learned anything new? 

No comments:

Post a Comment