photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Saturday, May 3, 2014

My Three Books

{My Three} A simple list of three things — a different topic — every week, just for fun.


Play along if you like (please do). Leave your list or a link in the comments. Inspired by Little Miss Momma

As a self proclaimed bibliophile, I wanted to share with you my top three favorite books. To me, a "favorite" book is one that came be read over and over with the same love, enjoyment, and suspense each and every time. 

1) Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen---This is one of the first classic books that I read in high school. I love Austen's clever dialogue and strong characters. Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth's love story and stubbornness remind me in some ways of me and the Hubby.

2) Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling---I grew up with Harry, Hermione, and Ron. I was introduced to this series in middle school one afternoon at my aunt's house. I was hooked and so began my Potter adventure. Each year as a new book came out, I would devour it in a couple days. I remember crying on my bedroom floor at certain scenes or conclusions. I loved how the complexity of the books grew with the characters and the author was not afraid to write in a dark and menacing tone when it was appropriate to the story's development.


3) The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by AVI-- I remember my 4th & 5th grade teacher Ms. Gridley reading this book to the class. I was totally enthralled by the young lady and her coming of age story on the high seas. The escape and adventures that could be had with the turn of a page. I read this book again a few years ago when I was proctoring and FCAT test. It's funny how a book from your childhood can inspire such nostalgia.

What are your top three? Maybe we have read the same books?

No comments:

Post a Comment