photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

A Thoughtful Student

Have you ever had someone catch you "out of the blue" with and act of kindness and thoughtfulness? I was blessed by one of these random acts this yesterday.

Scene: I am huddled over a table in my classroom like a mad woman vigorously trying to make 44 goodie bags for my AP students before 1st period because I procrastinated buying said items until the morning of their  BIG psych test.


Action: Student enters classroom with a vase of beautiful daisies and a huge smile on her face. She then
proceeds to tell me how much she loves my class!

My heart melts and tears well up in my eyes. (I'm not a pretty crier. So, I wanted to keep it together as best I could)

I am not an elementary school teacher. I don't get a lot of warm and fuzzy moments with my kids. Laughs and frustrations I get plenty of, but true gratefulness and appreciation is sometimes few and far between.

I find it hard to articulate these kind of moments because teaching is my passion it is near and dear to my heart. Not many people can say that they have found their life's calling, but I truly believe I can. It's these kind of moments that get me through those hard times---when you want to bang your head against the wall and yell why! Or raise your fist in the air at the unfairness of bureaucratic and political practices in the field on education (a little dramatic there, but you get my point).

I am so thankful for each and every one of my students and the lessons they teach me about life, hopes and dreams. So LH, thank you for the flowers again! From the bottom of the my heart, thank you for reminding me about the joy of doing what I do and that it doesn't go unnoticed.I am so very proud of you and all the work you have accomplished. I know as you leave high school your focus and drive will see you through so that your dreams come true. The journey will not always be easy, but know forever and always I will be in your corner as your teacher. ~Hugs~

No comments:

Post a Comment