photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Monday, June 3, 2013

Day 1: Relationships

Goodness me, my life has many ever evolving and significant relationships in it. I mean, I have relationships with my family, friends, students, books...heck, my Ipad and cell phone! But of all the relationships I have the most important one is the one I share with my husband and our beautiful baby girl.

My husband and I have been together since 2004. We will celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary this December. (Wow, has it been that long already?) He is my rock. He is my partner in all things. I love him with my whole heart and as I try and write this I can feel the tears welling up in my eyes. Don't get me wrong, he can be a stubborn pain in the ass, but he gets me on a level no one does.  Love for us is being stupid together and laughing a random off the wall things. He is the type of guy I would make a sandwich for! Love can be reading different books side by side or holding hands just because.
Fawn Weaver said, "A great spouse loves you exactly as you are.  An extraordinary spouse helps you grow; inspires you to be, do, and give your very best" and that's what Matt is to me. We met in college and supported each other all the way through. He made sure my car was in its best shape as I commuted to Tampa. He left me alone so I could study and fulfill my dream of graduating college so I could teach. He was in the stadium as I walked across the stage and received that diploma as an honors graduate. When I have to buy stuff for my classroom or students out of our pockets--okay. Honey, can you help me with the computer? He is there.

You are going to have to have an emergency C-section. He pushed aside his own fears and talked me through mine. He held my hand and never left my side. Believe it or not, he even told the doctors performing my surgery to make sure they didn't leave anything behind! (True story...honest).
My love for him deepens in those simple, yet significant moments when he plays with our little girl and makes her laugh. Or watching him fret, fuss or dote on her as a parent.

There is no decision we don't make together. We lean on each other's strengths and forgive each other's weaknesses. He will forever be my always.

No comments:

Post a Comment