photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Monday, June 24, 2013

Day 16: My Music

Do I listen to mainstream music? Sure, I do. I mostly listen to country music with the occasional mix of pop hits and 80s, 90s and today.

Is there anything I would change? Probably. In my opinion, today's mainstream music is filled with sex, violence and not so vague innuendos. I personally do not want to be "skeeved out" listening to the radio. I am by no means saying that it is one genre either. It's in most songs out there.

Music should be fun and pleasurable. I acknowledge that what is fun and pleasurable for some is not for all and the music industry will never be able to please everyone. They make quite a profit at catering to "all tastes."

However, I choose not to indulge in certain "appetites." I don't want  to listen to something that has a cuss word every other word. There is a large dictionary out there....let's use better vocabulary shall we?

Why promote drugs and violence, over love and joy? We need more positivity in the world. Music can be that vehicle. A melody and choice words can bring me to tears because of the memory they evoke. The right beat can help you forget your troubles and worries as you dance them out!

I listen to most songs in the car. It is very likely that I am in the car with my daughter. While I
don't mind if she is embarrassed (one day in the future) by my singing, I do mind if I become embarrassed by her singing certain songs.

As a mother, I want to shield her from all bad things and keep her safe. I want to train her well in order to handle life with grace--but I do not wish her to be naïve. There is a fine line when it comes to growing up. It is an awful burden to grow up too soon.

I know I am not the only person to feel this way nor will everyone agree. I am parent. The choices I make for myself are witnessed by others, but most significantly my child.




No comments:

Post a Comment