photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Day 7: What's Up Zodiac?

How does my Zodiac sign relate to my personality? Well, heck if I know because I don't hold much stock in astrological signs, but let's see what the research (and by research I mean google search)!

My birthday is October 23 so astrologically I am either a Libra or a Scorpio depends on which site or paper you read. My birthday is one of the cut off dates between the two. The Psychicguild says, "If you were born on the first or last day of a Sun sign, in astrological terms you were born on a cusp. If that's the case, you will probably benefit from reading your own Sun sign and the Sun sign that ends or begins right before or after your date of birth." Ah, so that explains it, right? Yea, definitely picking the best of both on this one!

According to Astrology.com, a Libra's key characteristics are: Refined, social, artistic, vacillating, intellectual, communicative and concerned with relationships. Uh, yea. I can go with that except for the vacillating (for those of you without a dictionary that word means indecisive). I am pretty clear about what I like and dislike and what I want.

Continuing on, the Scorpio is described as, the "most powerful sign of the zodiac, Scorpios lead fate filled lives and have intense and dramatic personal relationships. Even as children Scorpios are often found to be wise beyond their years. Many astrologers call this the sign of the 'oldest souls.' Old and wise beyond the average, Scorpios often know all the answers" (Psychicguild).

I do agree with some points raised here. As a child, I was described as smart, but maybe that was because I read books and more mature for my age. I started kindergarten when I was 6 (darn you October birthday! LOL). Furthermore, Scorpios are described as being competitive and winners and that is 100% me. In the great words of Ricky Bobby, "if you're not first, you're last!" My childhood home was a decorated with softball trophies, student of the month and other academic certificates too. Yea, I was that kid....the goodie two shoes and know it all.

Do I think I have the "my way or the high way" mentality? Absolutely not--this is not me at all. I see myself as more compassionate and pensive than that idiom. I am in no way flamboyant or dramatic, but in a leadership role, like teaching, I like to think that I excel and that is where my "passion" lies. Now, that is something that I can agree with it comes to my zodiac signs.

In the end, I don't think my day of birth holds much weight on my personality development, but I can't deny that in the course of my googling and reading I did come across some similarities.

My life choices are mine to make. They are not written in the stars or planets, but nonetheless horoscopes are still fun to occasionally read however simple or significant you feel that they are for your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment