photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day 2: A Decade from now

The title of today's post sounds like a college application essay! "Where do you see yourself in 10 years?" As it is, I am having a hard time grappling with the fact that my 10 year high school reunion is next spring. Ugh. What the heck, it in no way feels like it's been 10 years, but hey feel young, stay young right?!
Anywho, back to the challenge....in 10 years from now I hope I am pretty much where I am now because I love my life. Perhaps, my husband and I will have another kid and maybe a new house on some property. I hope to be still teaching high school students social studies and loving every minute of it (most of the time). I could be Department Head and still sponsoring Psychology Club!
I want to be debt free!

I want to be helping my kids with their homework and taking them to their after school activities. I want to tuck them in at night and soothe them when they are scared. I want to lecture them and drive them insane because of my love for them. I know my children will become who I am so I have to be who I want them to be. My husband and I will be their most important role models.

I want to still be holding my husband's hand and reading books together. I want my husband to still look at me and our family like we are still the best things in the world. I want a stronger, love filled, faith filled, fun filled marriage. I want us to have grown together so we can continue to grow old together.

I want to be stronger in my faith because I know I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me ~Phil, 4: 13. I want to be thankful for every little thing in my life because what if I woke up one day with only the things I thanked God for yesterday? (as the adage goes).

In 10 years from now, I still want the simple, yet significant life I have always dreamed off. Isn't that the point of this crazy thing we call life?

No comments:

Post a Comment