photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Friday, June 14, 2013

Day 11: Pandora the Explora!

Today’s writing challenge was originally to listen to my Ipod, put it on shuffle, and write about the first 10 songs that pop up. I’ve changed it up a bit because my hubby has commandeered the Ipod and I don’t have any songs on it presently.  So instead, I brought up my Pandora account and listened to a few of my favorite channels. Confession, when I listen to Pandora, I love to sing along (loud and proud) even if don’t know all the words!

1.       Lady Antebellum “Home is where the heart is” I absolutely love Lady A! I have all of their cds. As I listened to this song. I was reminded about who I too had big dreams growing up in a small town.  I can totally relate! In the end, “I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be.” I found love here and I said I do in my hometown.

2.       Lone star “Amazed” This is a fantastic romantic ballad about mutual connections and appreciations for a special someone. Who wouldn’t want a love like that?

3.       Jason Aldean “If she could see me now” I have never heard this song before. It’s about heartbreak from a guy’s perspective. He is yearning for a second chance. I am not sure I believe in second chances. It depends I guess.

4.       Blake Shelton “Honeybee” This is a great romantic ballad about mutual feelings, strong connections and appreciation for someone. Who wouldn’t want a love like that?

5.       Luke Bryan “Drunk on You” Side note Luke Bryan is a hottie! No offense, hubby. Anywho, this song is about summer love country style. It’s a catchy tune that kind of reminds me of new love and how intoxicating it can be.

6.       Tangled “I see the light” Yes, I have a Disney channel on Pandora! Don’t judge I am a 90s kid. I loved watching Tangled. A great movie! I’ll be honest that during the song when this song is played I cried. I am suckered for a romantic scene. I like the metaphor created about finding love and how it sheds a light on one’s life.

7.       Mulan “Make a man out of you” Another great Disney movie here. I love the humor in this song and it’s play on gender roles. I use it as a reference in Psychology class.

8.       Maroon 5  “If I never see your face again” This band makes me want to get up and shake my bootie and dance (in a classy way of course)!

9.       Third Day “I need a miracle” This song resonates on the idea that one needs faith in a time of need no matter who or where you are. Hope and Strength---that’s my take away from this song.

10.   Brandon Heath “Your Love” Again, another song I have never heard before. It’s about the power and significance of God’s love and the illumination his presence brings to you.

I conclude today’s post with a quote from Plato, “Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” Simple and significant right? What songs are on your playlist?


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment