photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Friday, June 21, 2013

Day 15: Organizing My Todddler


Is this title an oxymoron or what? I can barely keep a toddler entertained or still so why bother trying to be organized? The way I see it, the answer is clear. It makes things a little easier (particularly on me the mommy) and if you make your organization "system" simple to follow--you are more likely to follow through! Or that’s what I tell myself.
The inspiration for this post came from Pinterest. There are tons of examples and printable options linked up on the site. All you have to do is search "nursery closet dividers" and WHAM! There ya go.

So here is what I did. I stumbled across some door hangs at the Dollar General. There are 3 in a pack. I purchased it for $1! And that was my total out of pocket for this project. I had puffy paint at home and labeled my three dividers (18M, 2T, and 3T). You could also do it with a marker, but my puffy paint had glitter so the sparkles won out!


You will need to cut a slit in the side so you can hang it on the bar. After the paint dried, I went into Little Miss' closet and hung them up I already had her clothes separated into sizes, but it might be an extra step if you have a “mished-mashed” closet.


A simple, but significant way to keep the clothes organized is to separate them out when you are doing the laundry (i.e. folding or laying out to hang). I try and keep like items like onesies, dresses etc together. It makes it much easier to find things in a hurry or for a hubby! It might take a little extra time, but it really isn't a daunting task. It's so easy a man could do it! (Sorry guys).

Now, I'll be honest...this is just her closet I am talking about here. When it comes to her dresser, I've given up because Little Miss likes to open all her drawers and take EVERYTHING out and put it on the floor. Nobody got time for that!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment