photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Getting A Little Crafty Monogram Style

Yesterday it rained all afternoon and this mommy wanted to do something creative while Little Miss took her nap. So I broke out some paint, the monogram the Hubby bought me for Christmas and cheap brushes.


I've been wanting to do something with the monogram ever since we got it, but I was waiting until I got a new bedspread in our bedroom. I needed to know what color to paint it. Luck would have it that Target had a lovely sale of bedroom decor last weekend so I was able to snag a nice yellow and silver comforter set.


Do you like my fancy paper plate? Spiffy huh?

As I started this project, I got the urge to take some pictures for my blog here! This is not really going to be a how to post because I am not a DIY guru. All I did yesterday was paint the monogram. How's that for a step one?



Those in between edges were a pain in the butt to paint.


Have you ever tried to take  a picture while posing your hand or holding a brush? It's a little tricky. I don't have a tripod and I wanted those detailed close up shots. I am happy with how they turned out though. I feel like in a small way I channeled my inner Pioneer Woman. Man, that woman can take a mean picture!!

This project isn't done yet. I need to go back to the store and get a bristled brush and some silver paint. I am going to attempt a dry brush technique to give the monogram an antiqued look. I hope it goes okay and I don't mess it up. My friend Melissa suggested I practice on a paper plate first.

I'll let you know how step two goes soon! Have a great day and as always, keep life simple, but significant!

No comments:

Post a Comment