photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Softball Photography Fun

I had the opportunity about a week ago to get together with my sister so "the cousins" could have a little play date. My Little Miss was so excited. She loves play dates!


So while we were there, I broke out my camera and practiced shooting in manual mode. I was happy that I was able to adjust the settings to capture "normal looking" pictures. It you compare these two pictures here you can see how one looks more light than the other.


My oldest niece likes to play softball. She's been playing for the last couple years and has been getting better! She must take after me because softball was my game! During the play date, I got the idea to try and capture a softball themed picture and I have to say I was tickled pink it came out as well as it did!

I ended up taking two pictures in this pose. The first one had too much light on the ball and I had to adjust her positioning ever so slightly to capture the better picture. I love the fierceness in her eyes don't you? I submitted this picture to the little Mom-a-razzi photography group that I am apart of for feedback and general sharing. Mandy, the photographer who led the class I took back in January, gave me great feedback. She suggested that I clean up the background and I totally agreed.

My plan is to reshoot this pose at the ball field with my niece in uniform! I can't wait!!! I am not sure if I'll be able to do a whole photo shoot with her at that time, but eventually I will. I was "pumped" that night with enthusiasm I trolled Pinterest looking to softball themed pictures for poses and ideas. I created a whole new board dedicated to softball pictures. Too much? Nah.

Photography is a new hobby for me and I love it! I am able to capture so many fun, cool, and precious moments. I find inspiration everywhere and I kick myself when I miss something because I don't have my camera. I still have a lot to learn, but practice makes perfect.

What have you been up to lately? Any new endeavors or hobbies?

No comments:

Post a Comment