photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Need to Tweak Not Twerk

I tried a new recipe last night. It was ok.....definitely not a home run, but something I will try again in the future. What did I make? I tried to make a eggplant lasagna.

I've had eggplant before, but I've never cooked it. I was excited about making one of my favorite comfort dishes a little more healthy, but honestly I didn't know how to prepare the eggplant for the dish. So I asked a couple people and read around a little. I ended up going with the slice long ways and roast in the oven approach.

I bought one large eggplant and drizzled with some olive oil, salt and pepper. Looking back on this step, I think I sliced too thinly and drizzled too much or maybe my oven wasn't at the right temp? What it came down to was that I felt the eggplant was a little too mushy.

How do I get it to be a little more firm? Any ideas? My hubby suggested adding smaller noodles like macaroni a or bow ties in addition to the veggies. It could work that way. I don't know if I would consider it to be a lasagna or more of a casserole at that point.

Will I try this eggplant lasagna again? Yea, I think so. I just need to figure out how to cook the eggplant more to my liking. Has something similar to this happened to you? Did it turn out unexpectedly good or a disaster? Share your story in the comments sections!

No comments:

Post a Comment