photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Thursday, March 13, 2014

My DIY Basket Makeover

Greeting and welcome back! So as you might recall, I am on spring break and I've got some extra time on my hands to read, write, shop and do some projects! I wanted to share with you a quick little project that I did today. I am not the most crafty person and I am by no means a "hardcore DIYer," but I can manage here and there. Don't forget that I did get a coffee bar (parts 2 and 3 found here) done with the help of my friend Melissa and the Hubby. The pantry repurp didn't come out as planned. I still need to try and fix that one...another day perhaps.

This current project was small and super easy (yea....so easy I could do it. haha). It all began when I came across this basket at a local thrift store one morning. I immediately knew that I wanted it and where I wanted to put it. So I paid my $1.06 and was on my way.


Then next day and the next step was to buy the spray paint. I bought a Satin base spray paint (Rustoleum) With Little Miss in tow, it was off to Wal-Mart we went to find the right color. I absolutely love dark brown/espresso color for my house. It can be found everywhere, but not overly done because that would look weird...like a giant turd all over the house. (too much? LOL)

The last and almost final step to this DIY adventure was to spray the basket in coats and let it dry.


Little Miss was very well behaved so Mommy could do this while she played with her bubbles outside. Yea for Mommy!

Here is the final product in the bathroom. I decided it should go in the guest bathroom which also serves as my kiddo's bathroom. It really helps keep some of her "essentials" organized a bit.

What do you think? Did I do a good job? (insert positive comments and reinforcement in the comments box. It will make me feel good.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment